Reporting to: Works Manager
Job Purpose: To prepare, polish and pack items in accordance with the Company’s standards.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Assist in the masking area, packaging area and polishing shop.
2. Shot and bead blast items to a high standard and replenish the hopper as required.
3. Prepare and clean items using abrasives and chemicals.
4. Assist with the setting up of ovens.
5. Assist with the cleaning various areas of the workshop.
6. To read and assess production information for required specification details; working in an organised manner to ensure the task is completed efficiently, to the correct standard and within the necessary time frame.
7. Follow the job card system and update the job cards ensuring that your work is listed and signed off.
8. Communicate with the Works Manager to ensure paint consumable stocks are readily available as required.
9. Personally make health and safety a priority ensuring you comply with all health and safety instructions, and to ensure the safe operation of machinery within your area of responsibility.
10. Wear and maintain your respiratory and personal protective equipment at all times.
11. Adhere to the Global Coatings’ environmental policies and legal duties, specifically control of emissions, management of solvents and the recycling of waste product. Plan your work to minimise waste of raw materials.
12. To work in accordance with Global Coatings operating procedures and guidelines.
Global Coatings reserves the right to require the employee to perform duties other than those listed according to the changing requirement of the business. This job description is subject to review and possible subsequent revision.
|Good standard of English and Maths||CV & Certificates|
|Previous paint shop/body shop experience||CV & Interview|
|Ability to work on own or as part of a team|
|Working to deadlines|
|Plenty of common sense||CV & Interview|
|Good communication skills – able to follow written and verbal instructions|
|Excellent attention to details|
|Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload|
|Ability to work flexibly to meet needs of the business – tasks and hours|
|Knowledge of health and safety procedures|
|Understanding of quality management systems e.g ISO9001|
|Willingness to undertake training as required|